SINGAPORE: The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) is looking into claims that a wheelchair assistant at Changi Airport had S$5 (US$3.90) docked from his pay for being 11 seconds late for work.
“We are aware of this case and have contacted Aventa Services, the employer of the affected employee, to establish the nature and extent of the deductions,” said the ministry on Friday (Aug 21) in response to CNA’s queries.
“If it is determined that the deduction is unauthorised or excessive, MOM will take appropriate enforcement actions accordingly.”
Last week, ground-handling company SATS said it was looking into the allegations that its “service partner” had docked the wheelchair assistant’s pay for being 11 seconds late.
It said it had sought clarification from Aventa Services, which was responding directly to queries from the manpower ministry.
The matter came to light after Ms Juliet Low, CEO of company Maid Without Borders, detailed in a LinkedIn post a conversation she had with the elderly wheelchair service worker who was helping her husband on Aug 7.
Read Full Article At Source




