KUALA LUMPUR, May 24 — The current Covid-19 situation in Malaysia remains stable and has shown a significant downward trend compared to last year, with no deaths recorded so far this year.
The Ministry of Health (MOH), in a statement today, said although neighbouring countries have recently reported an increase in cases, the number of Covid-19 cases in the country up to Epidemiological Week (EW) 19/2026 had declined by 12.6 per cent (9,682 cases) compared to the same period last year.
“Although there was a 0.7 per cent increase (575 cases compared to EW18/2026), the situation remains under control.
“This is because the vast majority of reported cases only involve mild symptoms that do not require hospital treatment, and no Covid-19-related deaths have been recorded thus far this year,” the statement said.
The ministry said continuous genomic sequencing activities had also detected several new subvariants within the community, but the variants did not show any tendency to trigger a serious wave of infections.
Read Full Article At Source



