SINGAPORE – The first self-driving shuttle route in Punggol will open to the public in two to three months, said Senior Minister of State for Transport Sun Xueling on Jan 7.
The 10km route will connect residents of Matilda Court and Punggol Clover with the polyclinic at Oasis Terraces via Punggol Plaza. A round trip will take 35 minutes to complete.
Ride-hailing firm Grab will operate the service in partnership with WeRide, a Guangzhou-based autonomous vehicle company.
three driverless shuttle routes
that will be rolled out in Punggol.
These routes cover parts of Punggol that are harder to reach by current public transport options, and could shave up to 15 minutes of travel time for residents.
The authorities previously said that the first route was set to open to the public by the second quarter of 2026.
Five- and eight-seater vehicles in bright purple livery with an amber beacon on the roof will be used to ply the three routes.
In a Facebook post on Jan 7, Ms Sun said she hosted union leaders on trial rides of the autonomous shuttle in Punggol.
They included representatives from the National Trades Union Congress, National Transport Workers’ Union, National Private Hire Vehicles Association and Taxi Kaki Singapore, an advocacy group for taxi drivers and platform workers.
The shuttles on the first route have completed mapping and familiarisation, and have clocked more than 10,000km safely without incident, Ms Sun’s post said.





