An independent committee will be established to investigate the Wang Fuk Court fire, which has since claimed the lives of 151 people. So far, 13 people have been arrested for suspected manslaughter, along with 12 people for possible graft, according to Reuters. John Lee, Hong Kong’s chief executive, said at a news conference that a judge-led independent committee will examine the cause of the fire and its rapid spread. It is suspected that polystyrene, which is highly flammable, had been used around the buildings’ windows, along with protective material and mesh covering the outside of the buildings which do not appear to be fireproof. #fyp #tiktokhong #hongkong
Related Buzz
A stay-at-home mum spent 3 hours each morning writing her first novel – and won the Epigram Books Fiction Prize
From February to June 2025, for three hours every weekday, Ratna Damayanti Taha would open her laptop and work. At 9am, once her apartment was…
@mothershipsg In response to Mothership’s queries, the Singapore Civil Defence F…
@mothershipsg In response to Mothership’s queries, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said that they were alerted to a fire at Block 733 Tampines Street…
Lower drink driving limit, possible review of demerit points system in Singapore road safety push
At present, a first-time drink driving offender may be fined between S$2,000 (US$1,546) and S$10,000, be jailed for up to 12 months, or both. A…
5 arrested in CNB operation; Over 1,200 Kpods seized
SINGAPORE: Five people were arrested for suspected drug offences over two days in February, said the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) on Monday (Mar 2). Authorities…
@mothershipsg U.S. Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth confirmed at a Pentagon briefi…
@mothershipsg U.S. Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth confirmed at a Pentagon briefing that the U.S. had sunk an Iranian warship in the Indian Ocean. The strike…


