S’porean man charged for JB checkpoint brawl

S’porean man charged for JB checkpoint brawl


A 46-year-old Singaporean man charged over an alleged armed brawl near the Johor Bahru (JB) checkpoint has been identified as the owner of a chicken rice eatery in Serangoon.

Gary Lim Kian Liang pleaded not guilty on Aug 20 to three charges — possessing a dangerous weapon, obstructing a police officer, and voluntarily causing hurt with a dangerous weapon.

According to Shin Min Daily News, Lim had been involved in nine companies, and at one point, held positions in eight of them.

They included Yeo Keng Nam Chicken Rice, a chicken rice establishment located along Braddell Road, as well as a massage parlour, transport company, baking supplies business and nightclub.

The Chinese daily spoke to people who knew Lim, who said he had not been seen at the chicken rice eatery for some time.


Scroll to continue reading



When Shin Min reporters visited the eatery on Aug 20, the eatery was empty and had no customers inside.

When shown a photo of Lim, staff at the eatery denied he was the owner and refused to answer further questions.

Owners of neighbouring shops told the Chinese daily that the eatery was originally run by Lim’s mother, who later passed it down to Lim.

Records show that Yeo Keng Nam Chicken Rice was incorporated in 1981, while Lim has reportedly been its owner since 2010.






Read Full Article At Source

Share. Save. Don't Miss The Buzz: XFacebookRedditLINETelegramWhatsAppGmail

Leave a Reply