MOM takes action against 15 employers a year on average over dangerous window cleaning by maids

MOM takes action against 15 employers a year on average over dangerous window cleaning by maids


SINGAPORE: Over the past decade, the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) took enforcement actions against an average of 15 employers a year who failed to comply with safety standards for maids cleaning windows.

During that period, negligence by six employers led to their maids falling from height, Manpower Minister Tan See Leng said on Tuesday (Oct 14).

MOM will continue to monitor such incidents and step up education and enforcement if necessary, the minister said in a written answer to parliamentary questions about whether tougher safety measures are needed.

Earlier this month, the Straits Times reported that MOM was investigating the death of a migrant domestic worker who was believed to have fallen while cleaning windows at a Toa Payoh housing block.



Read Full Article At Source