SINGAPORE – Middleton International School, which provided meals to several E-Bridge pre-schools in Singapore from its central kitchen, had its suspension lifted on Jan 6.
In a statement on Jan 7, the Singapore Food Agency (SFA) said the company can resume its food business operations at 2 Tampines Street 92 as it has implemented the required measures.
Operations had been suspended since Nov 21, when 263 people
developed gastroenteritis symptoms
between Nov 19 and Dec 10 after consuming food supplied by the company at the pre-schools.
This was done “to protect consumers from further public health risks”, SFA said, adding that four people were hospitalised and have since been discharged.
One of the four included a pupil, according to an earlier statement by the Communicable Diseases Agency, Early Childhood Development Agency and SFA.





